Thursday, January 14, 2010

Working 9 to 5

I'm two weeks underway in my new job. I'm enjoying it. I'm not used to working 8 hours a day, but it's a lot more relaxing than I had imagined. The newspaper I'm working for has given me an apartment, but unfortunately it's a real dump, lol. I don't think it's even worth it to post pictures of this place. But I finally have a car. I didn't buy one. It's sort of a lease/rent thing. I'm renting it for two months. I'm picking it up tomorrow. It's not gonna be the most baller car in the world, but at least it's new and shiny.

Poker is going well, at least the last couple of days. I started the year by dropping 3k quickly. I then moved down to 1/2 and have been grinding back steadily there. I think I will stay here for a while again. The swings at 2/4 are so brutal, and 1/2 is such stress free money. I withdrew a chunk of my roll, which is now $12.1k. I certainly don't need more to play 1/2 anyway. At the end of the month I'm getting a couple of paychecks, so I might refill my roll. We'll see. :-)

No comments: