Monday, June 22, 2009

Chopped a live tournament

On friday me and two good friends went to the local poker club and played the weekly tournament. I got heads up with one of my friends with a 2 to 1 chiplead. We decided to chop most of it and flip for the rest since we are friends after all. Of course he won two straight flips to take it down. :-)

That was a lot of fun, though. There's an ongoing ranking where the top finishers throughout the season gets entries into a big live event. This season just started, so I'm planning on playing a lot there. Next time will be on wednesday.

Sunday is tournament night online, and I endulged in the craze this night as well. I won an entry into a $500 satelite to the WSOP Main Event, where there were 150 seats guaranteed. I decided to unregister and just keep the T$s instead. That was a little nitty on my part, but 500 is a bit too much to spend on one tournament for me right now. I did play the Sunday Million, however, but went out before the money. In the Sunday Quarter Million, which is a $10 buy-in with 250k guaranteed (!) I went sort of deep, but didn't win any significant money. I also went deep in the $26 pot limit 6-max on Full Tilt, but had my aces cracked by tens in a very big pot with 15 players left.

Another tournament I played was the 6-max $55 super turbo, where you start with 300 chips and blind levels are 3 minutes. Out of 1276 participants I finished 10th, which was good for a little over $800. The way I went out was a little frustrating though. On blinds 1200/2400 I had 33k, which is a lot in that tournament. I picked up AQ UTG and didn't find a better option than just open-shoving. Unfortunately I got snapped off by the only player at the table who had me covered, and he had aces.

Cash games have started to go a little better. I was playing 2/4 this weekend, since weekends are so much softer. And even though I lost a lot of flips and quite a few 70/30s as well, I somehow managed to come out ahead. I also won a bit in razz and mixed games. No spectacular wins though. I'm gonna go back to grinding 1/2 and the smaller tournaments this week and then I'll take it from there.

Bankroll: $15.1k

No comments: