Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Won a Main Event seat

I have been running really bad at cash games in June. Fortunately I have been running super hot at tournaments. My success culminated on sunday when I won an entry to the WSOP Main Event. I actually qualified through a freeroll. Full Tilt has these sick freerolls where around 800 players compete to win 8 ME seats. That's the biggest single win of my poker career.

I'm not playing the tournament, however. Since I have the option to keep the money, I'll just do that. $10k is significant money for me, and a nice bankroll booster.

Other than that, I have gone deep in several big tournaments, but no big cashes, just a bunch of ~$500 scores. I just played a good session at 1/2 as well, winning $500 in very short time. Hopefully my bad streak at cash games is over.

Since I have a lot of spare time this summer, I will continue to grind both tournaments and cash games pretty much every day. I might take some shots at 2/4 in the weekends when the games are softest, but the main plan is to stay at 1/2 until I have like 20k. Current bankroll: $14.2k

No comments: