Monday, June 9, 2008

God I Hate Donkaments

I know, I know. I said I wouldn't. But there is this Mini Series of Poker thing going on Full Tilt where all the WSOP events are matched except the buy-in is 1% of the original. It has attracted some big fields, and I felt like I couldn't pass on the great value in the $50 Razz. For some reason I seem to grasp that game and I've done well in tournaments.

Out of the 414 participants, I came in 10th. Obviously a great result on its own, but it just feels like I lost. When we were 16 players left I had a big stack. I had made some great calls with marginal hands and generally played very well, I thought. Then I actually picked up a legitimate hand. On 5th street I held 65432 (a very strong hand for those not familiar with Razz), and had three opponents all-in. Then the biggest of these stacks managed to hit a miracle deuce and made the nuts. If I win that pot I have an absolutely massive chip lead with 13 players left. Instead I went out in 10th for $230. That's right before the final table, where all the big money is. 1st place paid out 5K. I really wanted to go to bed early tonight. Instead, it's 8 am, I just grinded razz for 5 hours and I made $180 profit. I wish I had a shotgun, so I could blow my fucking brains out. Good night!


Edit: Before I go to bed (or rather, before I go to sleep, as I have already been in bed for 8 hours) I must note that this has been a pretty good day all things considered. When I woke up and logged on to Full Tilt, Händel's Hallelujah chorus from "Messiah" was going off in my head. $700 worth of rakeback had arrived. Bankroll up to $5K. Going strong.

No comments: