Saturday, June 7, 2008

LOL Weekend Donkaments

In the weekends I will often hang out with some friends and donk it up in online tournaments, mainly just for fun. Even though I think I have a big edge in all the tournaments I play, it's probably losing me a lot of money to play them instead of cash games. And it's not even that fun. The big scores are so few and far between that it really gets a bit frustrating when you only play a few of them each week. If you're a high volume donkament player you'll naturally see more success in a shorter time span.

Anyways, I played a lot of tourneys this weekend without cashing for significant amounts. In a couple of minutes there is the "big 5K" on WSEX, which is fine, since it only costs me FPPs. But I think I will cut down on the donkament spendings the next weeks until I get a bigger bankroll. I might play some live tournaments, though.

Now I'm getting ready for a long saturday night grind. That's the best part of the week to be playing, EV-wise. So I've got two large bottles of coke standing next to me and I'm bumping some heavy hip-hop on the headphones. Let's try to build a 10 BI stack! GOGOGO!


Update: I played for three hours straight, which is a lot for me. I'm not one of those guys who can put in a ton of hours. I try to play a couple of hours every day and that's it. The games were fairly good, but not spectacular on a saturday night. I got unlucky in some big pots, but grinded out a $250 profit. Since moving to WSEX half a month ago, I've yet to experience a losing day. Overall, I'm up 2K+. I'll try to play there more once I clear my Full Tilt bonus. Took a shot at 1/2 tonight. The game seemed very soft. Let's hope the action doesn't die out completely.

No comments: