Monday, June 2, 2008

New Blog

Welcome to my new blog!

I just noticed that Patrik Antonius was using this layout in his blog, so I obviously copied it, since he is God.

A little bit about myself: I'm a 23 year old student and poker player from Norway. I specialize in 6-handed No Limit Texas Hold 'Em cash games online. You might know me as icehawk on Full Tilt or icehawk84 on 2+2. I play on other sites as well, but I won't reveal my screen names at the moment. In early 2006 I started playing NLHE online. At first it was just a random hobby, but in August I decided to try to get good at it. Since then, I've made most of my money playing poker. I have by no means gotten rich and I have busted my bankroll several times - most of the time because I had to withdraw money for other purposes.

Hopefully that trend is about to change. In late March this year I started taking poker more seriously. I built a new bankroll starting from only $3(!), moving up quickly through the limits. In April my profit was 3k and in May 5k. I am a believer in good bankroll management as a key to success. This time I am going to protect my bankroll and see how far I really can take it. I think I am ready to become a professional player and make some serious money.

My old blog is still there. Although i realized nobody was reading it and I never made any attempts to get any readers, I still found it useful to keep a diary. I updated it very frequently with stuff that wouldn't have interested anyone unless I was a high stakes pro. Hopefully I will become one as this blog progresses. But I will try to keep it more reader friendly with fewer posts and more interesting content. The goal is to give a view into how it is like to grind your way through the limits in today's tough online games. I like to think that there is someone out there who might find it interesting to read what goes through the mind of a crazy, Scandinavian young gun.

Anyways, GL and see you at the tables!

No comments: