Thursday, August 7, 2008

FTOPS

Like I predicted in my last post, this was going to be a good week. I have dropped down to 0.5/1, 6-tabling on Full Tilt. My hourly has been $160, which is pretty awesome for those stakes.

So when the Full Tilt Online Poker Series 9th edition started, I decided to take a shot at some events. Today was the 6-max quadruple shootout NLHE. My table draw was so, so. There was one shark who had $550k in tournament winnings. Fortunately he was at the opposite end of the table and got coolered quite early. The other players all seemed solid. On my left was another guy with great tournament results. He was also very aggressive. I never really got things going. I started sort of a grudge match against the player on my right by showing bluffs and talking trash in the chat. I owned him and busted him out early, but I also had an unfortunate confrontation with my jacks against KQ where I lost the flip. When we were down to three, I was the clear shortstack. At one point I had 800 of the 18k chips in play. But I picked my spots and grinded my way up by playing aggressively. Then I went on a rush, knocked the weakest player out when my AQ held against A5 and went heads up with the chip lead against the aggressive guy to my left. I continued my rush by making some power moves and all of a sudden I had 14k vs. his 3k. That's when I flopped bottom two pair and got all the money in against top pair. Unfortunately he sucked out. After that I had no hands for a long while and lost my chiplead. In the final hand I called a raise with KQ and flop was Q73 rainbow. I check-called the flop. The pot was now already massive. The turn was a 3, which looked like a safe card. But he had 63 and busted me. :-(

So now I'm more or less on tilt and I won't be playing more poker until tomorrow.

No comments: