Thursday, August 14, 2008

Tournament Night

On Tuesday I did an all-nighter along with a friend and played a bunch of tournaments where we took 30 % of each other. Unfortunately we didn't cash in a single one! :-) So that was $700 out the window. 300 of it was from a $5 rebuy where I made 60 rebuys. LOL tilt! At least I had a successful session at a 0.25/0.50 HU table where I destroyed my opponent for $230 in 20 minutes.

Yesterday I started grinding cash games to win back my monies. I wasn't feeling especially fresh, so I fired up some 0.5/1 tables. After a short while I was down 4 buy-ins. So I did what any poker player would do. I moved up to where they respect my raises. Two hours of 1/2 (deep stacks) later I was sitting with $3k+ spread across 6 tables and my bankroll was basically back to where it was before the tournament meltdown. I just finished a standard half hour session at 1/2 with a $150 win. If I have the heart and commitment to the game I might play another session later tonight, but I doubt it. :-)

There is this amazing new site Tableratings where you can track the cash game results of all players and also play through their hands, at least at Full Tilt. I found the epic HU session from April 25th when I built my bankroll from $1k to $2,700 on a single table and played through all the hands. That brought back good memories.

No comments: