Tuesday, July 8, 2008

El Campeón

I just came home from amazing Peru this evening. I'm not gonna go into too many details about the trip since this is a poker blog and not a tourist guide. But let's just say I experienced a lot during the 17 days I visited that culturally and geographically diverse country.

I haven't really slept since Lima. I usually need a bed to fall asleep. Anyway, I decided to pay my friend Odin a visit. We chatted for some hours about 'current affairs' and future plans while playing a little online poker on separate laptops. I entered the traditional $26 Pot Limit Hold 'Em tourney at Full Tilt (I talked a lot about it in my previous blog - it's a fun little daily 6-max tournament that usually attracts around 200 players - me, Odin and Joar have each won it at least once). After quite a few final table blowups I finally managed to win it again. And I did so in totally dominating fashion, knocking out every player at the final table. So that was a nice $1,300 payday on my first day back in Norway. My bankroll is up to $7k and I'm looking to move up to 2/4 NL soon. I was afraid it would take time to get back in the groove after two week's absence, but it looks like my fears were unwarranted.

No comments: